Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Im not sure what year truck you are working on, if its 79-93 you should be able to use your stock tierod ends with the 91-96 Dak spindles. The Dak steering arm is shorter than the Ram so you may still need to use the longer C-body adjusting sleeve. I used the 91-96 spindles on my 73.The van ends I used carry the same part # as 79-93 Ram. From what I learned while doing my truck, use 87-90 Dak spindles for 72-78 Rams and 91-96 Dak spindles on 79-93 Rams this should allow you to use the stock tierod ends. You can use either spindle on any truck its just a matter of finding the right combination of parts.I did a quick summary of parts earlier in the thread. If your truck has the larger inner wheel bearing(84-up) then that makes it that much easier.
Let me know if you need help. Im always lurking on here.

Sorry, yes, it is a 1985 D100. So what should I ask for at the parts store for the adjusting sleeve? I don't know what a C body is

Do you know if there are any good springs out there that will lower the truck about 2" ? I think the dakota spindles plus a 2" spring drop would be perfect for what I want.

Ask for Moog part #ES440S 76 Newyorker adjusting sleeves. As for the springs there is a member here that is selling a 4/6 kit for our trucks now. He has two inch coils in the kit and I think he will sell parts seperately. I think the name of the company is Mid America Customs maybe someone else will chime in with the name.

Lots of good Info here.

Truth has no agenda, but those with an agenda make their own truth.
Some of us are so open minded they only see their View