Quote:

Im not sure what year truck you are working on, if its 79-93 you should be able to use your stock tierod ends with the 91-96 Dak spindles. The Dak steering arm is shorter than the Ram so you may still need to use the longer C-body adjusting sleeve. I used the 91-96 spindles on my 73.The van ends I used carry the same part # as 79-93 Ram. From what I learned while doing my truck, use 87-90 Dak spindles for 72-78 Rams and 91-96 Dak spindles on 79-93 Rams this should allow you to use the stock tierod ends. You can use either spindle on any truck its just a matter of finding the right combination of parts.I did a quick summary of parts earlier in the thread. If your truck has the larger inner wheel bearing(84-up) then that makes it that much easier.
Let me know if you need help. Im always lurking on here.

Sorry, yes, it is a 1985 D100. So what should I ask for at the parts store for the adjusting sleeve? I don't know what a C body is

Do you know if there are any good springs out there that will lower the truck about 2" ? I think the dakota spindles plus a 2" spring drop would be perfect for what I want.