BSB, are you telling me that while the A/F ratio may look good on the guage, fuel pressure at WOT make a difference?
I'm hesitant to hold it at WOT because of the detonation. Each time I road test it, I only run it 2 seconds maximum when I hear it knocking.

I put the #86 jets back in the primaries of the 850. I still have the 3.5 PV in there along with #94 secondary jets. It actually idles better than it has in quite some time. It idles in gear for stoplights almost as smooth as it did with the 750. A/F ratios were also better than they have been, though a bit rich.
Of course it still knocked.
I am so confused by this. I even came home and poured in 5 gallons of 100 octane unleaded I bought as a last resort. I still had about 5 gallons of 91 in the tank, so I have to guess the mix would result in a 95 to 95 1/2 octane rating. It ran exactly the same. During the first 4 miles I drove easy, thinking I'd need to use up the 91 octane in the fuel line and carb. Once I hammered it, it knocked at the same point it had before. The timing is at 17/31.

I'm curious about the fuel pressure @ WOT theory. If I'm doing 2500 rpms at 55 and floor it, it knocks. If I sit idling at a stoplight then floor it, it detonates even with the tires blazing. I would think that the fuel bowls are pretty full if I'm just idling. I don't mean to discount anyones ideas. I am just trying to understand.
Speculation time again:
*What are the chances of the cam having some manufacturing defect? With adjustable valvetrain, each rocker arm gets adjusted to spec. *What if one or more lobes were ground wrong? I only tested cranking compression on one cylinder. Tomorrow I'll check them all.
*Another idea: I degreed the cam and it came in exactly at the 106 number called for on the cam card. Lets say I was wrong and it was off 4 degrees one way or another. Would that make this much of a difference?
*With fuel as high as 95 octane, what possible reason could cause an engine to spark knock if the A/F ratio is right and the fuel pressure is @ 5 lbs or more?