Thanks, 67Satty. Your response took awhile to write! I actually did send an email to FBO on Thursday. Their web site states that they do not work on Fridays...I'll wait to hear back on Monday. I agree that the distributor could still be an issue.
I also agree that other guys are running similar combinations without the detonation problems that I am seeing. This is exactly why I get so frustrated! Its not as if I am in totally uncharted territory. When I was trying everything under the sun to stop detonation with the 509 cam still in place, I got a wide range of suggestions. A large proportion of them were to "go with a bigger cam".
I will get this figured out.
SuperBeeDave:
If I appeared touchy, I am sorry. I am not above criticism. I can take it if it is legitimate. I'm trying hard here to figure this out and I appreciate all the help I am getting. I understand how it can be for those that offer help through websites. You take the time to peck at the computer your best suggestions and the OP still seems lost. Those that offer help may start to feel unappreciated and resentful. I have been on the other end and I DO get it. I also must say that I am as humble as anyone. My ego is not so big for me to omit my mistakes for the sake of saving face. I admit where I screwed up. I don't think we should keep our opinions to ourselves all the time. I like a bit of controversy, a smart aleck remark or an insult now and then as long as it isn't malicious.

Todays update: I went out to start the car after yesterdays work. The valley pan was replaced and this time I used the paper gaskets on both sides of the tin. YES, this time I torqued the intake bolts to MORE than 12 ft/lbs! I also replaced the valve cover gaskets to cure a small leak on each side.
This morning I went out to find 2 oil leaks! Okay, before you convince yourself that I really am an idiot, let me explain. Looking from underneath, I noticed that the gasket rail on the valve cover hung over the head by more than 1/8" at the bottom. I pulled the valve covers and found that I was right. The gasket surface on the Edelbrock head is actually narrower than the valve cover by 3/16". This may not be a problem if I had used the hard black fibrous gaskets, but I used some thinner rubber ones that came in a gasket set. . The rubber distorted when I tightened down the covers because the gaskets only sit about halfways on the head! Huh??
I pulled the covers again, removed the gaskets and cleaned the RTV off. I usually use the hard gaskets in this car. This was the first time I tried the softer rubber ones. I had no idea that the valve covers were wider than the heads. Now that I am aware of this, I'll be sure to hold the valve covers UP towards the intake while tightening the bolts. This should insure that the lower section of the valve cover and gasket makes more contact on the head.
I put the better sealing "hard fibrous" gaskets on the valve covers and let them sit to set up.
I was busy the rest of the day with other things, so if I get time, I'll get the covers on and road test.

Oh, the good gaskets I usually use are Fel Pro PN: VS 50145 R. They came up as the proper gaskets for a 1975 Chrysler New Yorker with a 440.