Thank you for the suggestions about the cam timing.
This was my first time degreeing in a cam myself. I watched several youtube videos, asked questions here and on other forums and read what I could find elsewhere. I wrote elsewhere in another post that I was having trouble getting the degree wheel and crank turning hub to stay in position. The hub I was using had a loose fit on the Woodruff key and it allowed some slop. I finally just pulled the hub off and bolted the wheel directly to the crank using the dampner bolt. From there I found that the dot to dot marks actually did result in a 106 centerline, exactly what was called for on the cam card. I have the luxury of leaving the car idle where I park it. I am lucky that I don't have to be in any hurry to get it back together either. It certainly is not my daily driver!
While I have the heads off I can make a piston stop to lay across the block deck surface to check TDC on every hole. Wouldn't it be odd to find that I have 8 different compression ratios?

I should have mentioned that I actually have built 3 other 440 engines. THIS is the only one with aftermarket rods, a longer stroke crank, aluminum rocker arms and a solid lifter camshaft.