The closer I get, the further away I am.

Earlier I wrote that after the cleaning of the air bleeds and the UPjetting to #90 primaries, I was running waaay rich. It still pinged. I didn't run it to full throttle to see the A/F readings because of the pinging. It wasn't rattling nearly as bad as it has in the past, but it was there.
I came back and went back to the #88 jets. The A/F numbers leaned out a bit but it was still rich under load around 12.5 to 13.5. It still pinged as well.
The opinions I get on this brand of carburetor range from either guys with no comment to guys saying they are junk. Almost everyone that complained about them says they picked up speed and reliability with a Holley.
Tomorrow I'll put my 750 back on for a road test. If it still runs rich or detonates with this totally stock, UNmodified carb, I'll have to look elsewhere for the problem. I suspect that the Demon is a POS though. After I put in the #88 jets, the idle in Park A/F numbers really leaned out and the IN GEAR idling almost went full lean past 17.0. Its as if I am dancing around a goal that the carb isn't equipped to meet.

Oh, regarding RACE gas:
The entire point of changing to this cam was to achieve a later intake closing, reduce cylinder pressure and increase detonation resistance. Running race gas shouldn't be necessary. I checked one cylinders compression today and gor a 173 reading. That hole showed 188 with the 509 cam.

Last edited by Frankenduster; 09/04/13 05:53 AM.