Quote:

I was finally able to spend some time on the car today. I expected to work all day but the boss wanted to leave before noon! Heck yeah, I'm always happy to take an early day.

The thick head gaskets sure take up most of the dowels in the block! I made sure the decks and heads were super clean, then set the gaskets, then heads. I used new ARP bolts and torqued in 3 steps: 25,55 and 70. I even went a 4th time at 70 to make sure.
The pushrods and rocker arms are on. I lashed the valves at .014 INT and .016 EXH. I read here that aluminum heads grow .006 when the engine is up to temp. The Lunati cam card calls for .020 INT, .022 EXH hot lash. Kinda odd that even with me holding the allen set screw still, the lash still grows a bit when I tighten the locknut. I'm spoiled from years of using the stock " set it and forget it" stuff.
There is still plenty left to do. I'm hoping that I'll have it running over the weekend.

how many threads of the adjuster are BELOW the rocker arm , I'm ASSuMEing that you used the same pushrods ...

... good to see this train wreck barreling along ...

Last edited by JohnRR; 01/01/14 06:50 PM.