Quote:

You've tried a different cam, you've tried a different carb, still same problem.

Have you tried a different distributor?

Have you verified with a timing light that your distributor is really doing what the guy who recurved it said it was supposed to? Did the guy who set up your vacuum advance distributor set it up for the fact that you would be disconnecting the vacuum advance?

Did you set the initial, then rev it up to see the what the total is at a certain RPM?

Here's a crazy idea that won't cost anything. How about just hooking back up the vacuum advance you said you disconnected and see what it does with it hooked up? It will cost nothing and take a few seconds.

I have a few other distributors here. One is a Mopar Performance one. Looking inside them, I found that the total advance is adjustable by loosening 2 set screws and moving the base plate. This allows between 25 degrees of total advance down to ZERO. There is no welding required to modify them. I tried my spare after adjusting it to have about 8 degrees of total.I set initial to 25 and it stopped advancing at 33. The springs still seemed too soft because the advance starts moving at about 1600-1700 rpms. I don't know if the dyno guy changed the springs, but he did say he "worked the distributor". Until the other day, I didn't know about the ease of adjustability of them. as far as trying to run vacuum advance or the Rev-v-nator box,
I'm willing to try anything smart, silly or otherwise. I just want the car to run right.