I have been following this thread from the beginning. Reading every post every idea and watching for results from those suggestions.
The one suggestion from SUPERBEEDAVE asking about cam timing was the only one that I feel was not addressed/double checked.
I am not a know it all, or a done it, seen it, sailed it, scaled it, dove deeper come up dry guy.
But I have seen the result of a cam installed improperly timed.It ran soft down low had crappy idle characteristics pinged until higher in the rpm range then it ran unimpressively. Oh it needed premium fuel at 4500ft elevation at 9ish compression. Exhaust would glow, required weird jetting and timing settings.
The timing set was an edelbrock set their markings are vague as are the directions.
You have stated this is your first serious performance build perhaps a mistake in cam degreeing has you here. This is not a slam nor me criticizing you your efforts or anyone else's. Just trying to help. Some have said your engine is defying normal logic that logic applies if valve/cam timing is correct if not??? Who knows. Good luck.

Last edited by dezduster; 09/26/13 09:32 AM.