Quote:

Life is full of mistakes, Dave.
Sure, I've made a few. If I knew everything, I wouldn't be here asking for advice. A thread like this would have only had 4 responses if all the ducks were in a row and the car ran perfectly. I have had great luck with almost every other car I've owned because they were either stock or only slightly warmed over. A high performance engine raises the stakes beyond what I have dealt with. Part of the problem is that I have trusted some people that gave poor advice. First off, the vendor that sold me the stroker assembly.
* "Sure, it will run fine on pump gas."
Of course it will. Its just that everything in the combo has to be tuned more carefully since the high compression raises the stakes.
" Detonation, huh? I suggest a smaller cam and some thicker head gaskets to lower compression."
The above two quotes came from a respected vendor. This was my first foray into a high compression stroked engine and I relied on others to steer me through it.
I am not pissed, but I'd like to know what all the mistakes you think I've made? Carb jetting? Its an experiment process. What works for one engine isn't right for another. Distributor timing? Same thing. I wrote that the engine ran warm during the cam break in. Who hasn't had that happen in warm weather? So far the only real screw up has been the oiled intake gaskets. Maybe it was due to my insufficient torque, maybe the intake and head have a slight misalignment I cannot see. Some guys install their valley pans with the paper gaskets, some do not.
Maybe some look at a thread with 150 responses and automatically think the OP is an idiot that can't get his junk figured out. If you are the type to make snap judgements, that is too bad. There has been some great advice in this thread that may help others in the future.

I apologize Frank if I affended you and your intelegence when it comes to this situation. I am behind you all the way and I will just sit back and keep my opinons to myself and cross my fingers in hope that you get through this without any major problems. How did the valley pan change go for you. Did you have alot of oil in your head ports and between the pan gasket and heads? I sure did mine today when I pulled my pan and intake off. Keep pushing and fighting you will figure it out! I am beginning to think that the black RTV gets eaten away by the fuel that goes thru the ports which over time causes oil leaks and vacuum leaks.