Quote:

Quote:

Somebody mentioned the 383 can made "gobs' of torque, I assume that the poster implies that is more then a 360, so does 23 ci more from a short stroke motor make that much more torque then a longer stroke motor? Since no one has questioned the "gobs" comment, it's a correct comparsion?

Don't forget the lighter reciprocating weight of a smallblock would be a freebie inherent to the "gobs" that the 360 would have.

BUT, the experts have spoken and it's all moot anyways..............

the OP has the combo already tweaked in his mind and is going to build it to his liking no matter what is said. Which is fine but you'd think we could all walk away sharing ideas regardless.

A cam'd up car with tall gearing will be a fast car but not a quick one. Been there dun dat.

Yeah... this has been a good thread, cant believe it went 6 pages.

The whole big cam tall gears thing IS going to suck, but it will definitely fast-track any better idea i can come up with... 5 speed, 6 speed, ANY kind ov OD (well, anything but that factory 4-speed OD anyways). Funny... i remember watching Vanishing Point, in a few scenes where he peels away from a stop, and how odd it sounded... Well, thats exactly what that car had going apparently... done-up engine, 4-speed and 2.76 gears. Thinking back... i can live with that for the time being. This is a highway car first and foremost.