Quote:

Well you have lots of technical info, it seems you have a philosophical question... a poker game, do I keep what I got, raise the stakes, or fold. After the last election I would absolutely put what I got together and ride. For every one of you guys with questions... there's two out there wishing they had your problems! The only way to get 20 MPG to me would be dropping in the entire Mag drivetrain out of a Dakota. If all your stuff was small block I would say the same thing... selling/trading/buying/rebuilding is all time consuming but most of all ...INEFFICIENT. I could make a flathead V8 efficient by drowning it in all new-tech parts and a 6-speed etc. Get out there and drive before we can't anymore.

Oh i've already long decided what i'm going to do. I just wanna DRIVE this thing! So it would be mad to spend another year selling all my big block stuff, buying all the small block stuff, etc. Plus... i know big blocks. Gonna put together my nice lil 383 combo i've detailed above, with my 1:1 4-speed and some 2.76 gears and have some fun. Who knows... i might even be able to get to work again... WHILE i'm driving that and enjoying that i'll definitely be keeping the eyes peeled for a nice 360 Magnum, and all the swap stuff. I'll probably install that when i have a 5 or 6-speed lined up, and kill all the birds with one stone.

I'm still curious about Dulcich's thoughts on my above post...