Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

5 speed, 6 speed, ANY kind of OD (well, anything but that factory 4-speed OD anyways).

What's the problem with the factory OD ??? It's fits into your budget ... CHEAP ...

Well... i've been in one, in a pretty similar combo/car than i'm trying to build here, and i just did not like the gear spread. That said, if i get this rig running, and later find one that will bolt right in, i'll probably try it out. But i just dont think its much ov a performance transmission with that gearing.

Plus... i'm still pretty choked that i just recently sold a nice unit. Grrr...

if you use a fast ramp, moderate duration, wide LSA cam, the wide gear spreads isn't as much of an issue. narrow LSA's maximize peak torque at the expense of wide powerband. wide LSA cams sacrafice peak torque for wider torque curve....take 2 cams identical, but with different LSA's....the narrow one (say, a 106 LSA, like the whiplash cam) might give and extra 10-20lb ft of peak torque at ~4000 RPM, but above the torque peak, the torque curve falls off faster, and it may be down 10-20lb-ft at 6000 RPM compared to a cam with a 112LSA, like the Voodoo cams...the wider, flatter torque curve will be more forgiving of wider gear ratios, IMHO....

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)