Quote:

Is it going in that cool Challenger? If so, my answer would be simple. 383. I've always thought e-bodies were too hefty to be small block powered. Obviously that isn't a blanket statement. But if you have the 383 already it's a lot less legwork. Unless you enjoy the chase, as well.
I like 383's and have had good luck with them. Haven't done the Magnum in a car, but the 360 in my truck didn't have the low end grunt my 400 (not a 383, but a low deck ) had. Same gear, roughly the same tire size.
That probably helps in no way. But just my

Yes... that is the plan.

My E-body will be lighter than most. If i have to go 383 it should be around 3200lbs empty. It'd be 50lbs less if i didn't have to sell my new fiberglass hood to fund the damn thing...

Speaking ov 360's.... the bone stock (right down to the 2bbl and single exhaust) on my 78 Volare actually surprised me on how good it went. Ridiculously long gears and 3700-3800lbs, and that car still surprised me. The Magnum or 383 should have at least 100HP more, 500-700 less pounds weight, and slightly steeper gearing... I'd be more than happy with that right now.