Quote:

I'm still curious about Dulcich's thoughts on my above post...

That response might be relating to 'there's an awful lot of theory here, and proof is in the pudding, so save time and use the parts you already have'.

Or it might be 'I know more than everyone else and can spare only enough time to give you the correct answer, but I'm too busy to give the explanation'.

Not speaking of Dulcich, but merely about short responses that come in late in a long discussion like this.

I'm like you, Pale, I like healthy used low-buck engines. I'd use the 383 as that's the stuff you have on-hand. I would skip that Whiplash and use a Lunati 60302 (or 1 size smaller). Do a compression check and pick the cam based on cyl pressure. would be a nice engine to put that new StreetDemon T-quad-type carb on too.

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.