Quote:

I dunno, but I think port size, velocity, etc. is all moot. CFM is CFM. it's a measure of volume per time. the more volume per time you move, the more power you can make, regardless of whether it's a super high speed velocity port with small cross sectional area, or a big fat wide port with very slow speed.

(obviously, as long as speed is fast enough to not cause the fuel vapor to fall out of suspension, and not so fast that you go turbulent)

Airflow is a specialty of mine, though my area of expertise is around exhaust/extraction systems the math is the same. Assuming that any testing is done at the same static pressure, then CFM is indeed CFM. Of course (given the same configuration), the smaller the port, the more velocity and therefore an increase in static pressure is inevitable...so if the pressure is constant, this translates to lower volumes.

...at the end of the day, the head that moves the most air has the potential to make the most power. Obviously there are other considerations like combustion chamber shape, etc. but all other things being equal, this is the case.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]