Zombie thread... back from the dead!

Here is the plan: gonna toss that lowdeck junk in the car and use it for as long as i have to. I may try a different cam, i may not. Quite frankly, the difference between a suggested cam (like the Voodoo) and the one i had planned aint gonna be a deal-breaker... they're both gonna suck for mileage. I refuse to use a stock sized cam like an MP cam, or any cam that was designed 30 years ago, or by Chevy guys.

But the root idea here is (once the car is out and driving with the 383) to now get that Magnum 360 in the car as soon as possible. Driving around in this or that, reading voraciously since the last post, and seeing the price ov gas go up another 10¢ has made my mind. I want the smallest most powerful (non-boost or NOS) engine possible. Ford has the lock here, but i'll have to do with a 360 for now.

That magazine build (450HP Magnum 360) has me very intrigued, so i'll collect parts for that combo as i drive. Down the road, the REAL plan will be to actually build an engine... a nice tight-quench light-internal 318 Magnum... with the Edelbrock Magnum heads. Should be good for 400HP+ and still get me a few provinces over at speed without a mortgage.

The cool thing about a small efficient engine is that when you're pinched... if the car is light enough and geared decently (OD plus decent final gears) you can part-throttle the thing and save a LOT ov gas over the best-combo'd big block. It takes a modern design... and for that i'm utterly sold on the Magnum. Too bad Dodge never made a 281cid world-beater like Ford did... (and no, i dont want the 4.7 SOHC).

Been a cool thread. Too bad Dulcich never got back to me...