Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The whip lash cam you are set on is gonna waste a lot of fuel, too much overlap.

As for the too big of an engine complaint, just gear it higher it has the same effect.

A long stroke does not give any more TQ than a big bore engine of the same displacement, this has been proven a myth many times. It can mean you are getting a shrouded valve by the bore so breathing is limited making the engine a lower RPM type engine but if valve shrouding is not an issue then the bigger stroke does not make a difference.

A longer stroke will have more leverage on the crank but less surface area on the top of the piston for the pressure to push on, those two forces seem to balance each other out both theoretically in the real world. The real difference in big bore VS long stroke is valve shrouding.

Yeah... i do realize the cam choice hurts my overall plan a bit... but its the one guilty pleasure i'm allowing myself. At least its a modern Mopar-lobe cam and has some cylinder-pressure building capability. Plus... it sure sounds mean.

I'm running the Whiplash cam in my 383. On the interstate cruising at 3,200 to 3,400 RPM with 3.73 gears and 28" tall tires, I get 12 mpg. Good enough for me. I think the Whiplash cam is a really good choice for a hot "street cam" with compression under 10 to 1 especially for an engine like mine that makes 9 to 1 at best.

Heh... well if my 383 gets 12mpg it'll be coming back out as fast as it went in. I've had a crappy-mileage Mopar... and i dont care how fun or how fast it was, it was a useless car to me. Utterly. My Challenger wont have 3.73 gearing though, or anything even close to that... so i'm hoping i can squeeze closer to 20 out ov it if i drive like a normal human being.