Details huh? well, how about my proposed combo...

-67 383 2-bbl engine (low comp, i probably dont wanna know... JohnRR depresses me every time he brings it up) unrebuilt and staying that way
-Holley SD intake, basic mild plenum mods that worked VERY well on my 440, no heat crossover
-Many different spacers to play with
-Holley 800DP or Street Avenger 670 to choose from. K&N stub stack
-alum water pump and housing, single groove stock pulleys (car has no accessories)
-MSD Pro-Billet dist. Will be getting the MSD box too.
-Chrome oil pan (deeper, stiffer than stock, gonna paint it engine color, i dont like chrome)
-Alum valve covers
-Mini starter (Dakota)
-Hedman shorty headers with modified collectors (because the stock ones suck)
OR
-Long tubes (whatever i can afford)
-3" mandrel X-pipe duals w Spintechs and T/A style exit

Not yet acquired...
-Whiplash cam (like the sound, the modern Chrysler lobes, seems to make good power, REALLY like the cylinder pressure building effect)
-Machining on another pair o' 516 heads i have. Was gonna install some new Ferrea 1.81's (that i have already), port 'em as far as i dare, cut the guides, shave 'em as far as i dare.

I may or may not do the head swap before dumping the plant in the car. If the guides NEED to be cut for a .518" cam (they dont for the Mopar .509"...???) then i guess i'll have to, but i'd really like to avoid it for now. That machining is gonna add up i'm sure...

There is no money for a rebuild, so no quench unfortunately. I looked far and wide for a 68-9 383 Magnum runner, hoping i could get closer to quench and better compression... but never found one. The 67 came out ov a very nice 300, and i knew the owner.

Rest ov the car:

-Lakewood scattershield (have block saver too)
-McLeod PP (have to buy a different clutch disc though)
-Hurst Super Shifter 3 with Pistol grip
-833 out ov 70 340 Cuda
-8 3/4" rear (not in car, have yet to put it together or find a pumpkin... the sure grip i had turned out to be junk)
-Might get tricky and mickey-mouse an aluminum driveshaft from something at the wrecker (dont have a shaft yet)
-Aluminum rad (junkyard)
-Electric fuel pump

The car is a 70 Challenger 6 cyl/3speed car. The final first-phase curb weight with the big block (and now that i just sold my FG hood, dammit) should be around 3150lbs. And yes... it WILL be that light. I'm a weight-reduction master (and dont even own a hole-saw).

The 670 cfm would be a better choice with your Whiplash cam. Ever take a look at the Lunati Factory performance cam for the 383/440 Magnums
pn 10305LUN, if you have concerns with valve guide
machining (higher-rate double springs). Food for thought and the numbers don't look bad at all! Just an observation.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)