Quote:

Quote:

the bigger cubic inches will make more power.

but, how much more hp? I've seen some 360s with some very impressive heads that can make big hp numbers.

and at how much of a weight penalty? the big block will be heavier than the 360, so even if it makes more Hp, may not actually be faster.

but, generally, dollar for dollar, the bigger motor will win

You can put B1's on a 383, yet you can put some serious head on a Magnum too...

I'm talking at stockish levels here though. Basic mild bolt-ons at most... Whiplash cam, RPM/SD intake, optimal carb, headers, exhaust, hot ignition... etc. STOCK compression on either engine though.

My underlying point was is the newer technology (roller and modern heads) enough to offset the 23 cubes?

As a part two... lets go as far as some entry level porting on either head. How about then?

newer isnt neccesarily better... actually some of those LA magnum heads like to crack exhaust valve seats in those "modern" heads.

a steel crank 383 at 13:1 on E85 with eddy heads, E85 quickfuel carb and a .528 mopar cam would seriously blow that 360 out of the water.

you would need to do some serious work to the magnum to get at the same level, costing way more and even then it would not be as long-lived.