Quote:

Quote:

Both engines can be made to run, I like the combustion chambers and roller cam in the magnum, I like the big bore and ease of working on the 383. I would base my choice on transmission needs. If you want something with more than 3 gears auto or 4 gears manual it will be much cheaper and easier to go the Magnum route with the factory available overdrives for it.

Sheldon

Yeah... i've always been a big block guy too. I cant think ov a simpler engine to own or at least work on. Never been into the small blocks at all.

But i also like the modern efficiency... and if both engines make 380HP but the Magnum does it on less gas i'll go that way and not look back. I dont need more than 400HP right now... i can win plenty ov races with that. I also like the SOUND ov the Magnums... they have a definitive howl that older engines just dont have. They sound like a new engine. I really like that.

Confused about the OD thing though... i thought it was just as expensive to put a 5-speed behind a small block than a big block? I dont want a NV truck tranny. Am i forgetting something? An OD stick IS part ov the long range plan.

well, a manual tranny, get a 3.9L dakota AX15 bellhousing, and I believe a supra R154 tranny bolts up to it, if you're looking to low-buck it...

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)