Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hi Andy, I took the liberty of plugging in the numbers on the new combo, I use engine analyzer pro and with 15:1 compression, the ez heads, 7.1 rods, new cam, ported intake and 1200 cfm carb, the 514 made 918hp at 6600rpm and 802ftlb at 5200.

I ran the water temp at 140f

Sounds good. I'm shooting for 900 hp so we'll see if it makes it or not. Does Engine Analyzer Pro have inputs for dry sump oiling and crankcase vacuum? I haven't ever used the Pro version of the software. I know that the combination of thinner rings, dry sump oiling and crankcase vacuum is worth up to 50 hp in some engine combinations, but I'm not so sure we have the correct recipe yet for this engine.

Yes it does, the selection is "low engine case pressure or dry sump".
I made another pull with low tension rings and it made 924hp at 6750rpm. It's pretty cool how close the numbers are.

Edit: I just noticed that I had the water temp at 165, I moved it to 155 and I also had the carb cfm at 1300, so I left it there and it made [Email]929hp@7000rpm[/Email] and 830ftlb of torque at 5000rpm.

What number are you plugging in for cylinder head CFM port flow in the program?
I read through the whole thread again and all I can find is where it was posted the heads flow 360 cfm. Is that still unchanged?
Lastly, How much air is the engine pulling through the carb at peak power?

I'm using 380cfm but I'm just guessing because he said he kept working them to get more. I got 902 hp when I had them at 360. Actual CFM peak was 1117 at 7000.

Thank you. Are you saying the actual peak in the dyno sim was 1117 or on the real engine?

machine shop owner and engine builder