I was asked by an outside source today to take look @ this post & see what I thought... so here goes...

I guess biggest thing I took away from it, is I don't get the lack of understanding of the power #'s?

1.61 HP/INCH
1.39 TQ/INCH
2.3 HP/CFM

What exactly am I missing that is "out of line" here? Those #'s are "unbelievable"? Seem pretty reasonable to me for the combo...

Looks pretty much what I'd expect out of a combo like that.

Where is the power being made? If you have to ask that, then you probably don't understand how a race engine works. Killer motors don't make big #'s based on any 1 thing... it's a large # of small things that all add up... Find 5 HP in 10 different places that the other guy has'nt looked @, & you've got 50 HP more than the next.

Race block (ring seal)
Proper machine work, again, ring seal with hone job, proper valve job, concentricity on seats/valves, proper lifter bore geometry etc. all contribute in small ways to power production. Does it make 50 more HP? NO... 3-5 here/there? For sure.
Flat top piston VS: having to run a Dome to get the 12.5:1. Better flame travel etc. +HP
Gas ported custom pistons... he mentioned .043" ring pack, so power there... probably has a Napiere 2nd & a fairly light oil ring... more "free" power...Knowing Diamond, I'd guess it's a Total Seal ring set... 11 LB oil ring, probably 3 MM. Lack of friction = increased HP.
Dry sump oil pan/tank/pump... power there, certainly in windage & as well as pump frictional losses.
Modern CNC EZ heads.... Would be interesting to know intake valve size, although it does'nt really matter, 2.19 or 2.25, I could see either one putting up these #'s on that shortblock without issue. I've made 810 HP with a 2.15" valve before so... I don't think he is running out of curtain area
12.5:1 compression, not excessively high, but certainly enough to get job done on gasoline. 14:1 with a dome on piston probably would have cost power.
It has a Jones cam which is probably fairly aggressive ramp, & then the 1.85/1.7 Rockers make sure that the valvetrain actuation, especially the all important intake side, is extremely fast no matter what lobe he has on it, & knowing Jones, I'm sure it ain't a slouch. Valvetrain speed is major contributor to making big power #'s... Alot of the power is in the cam & rocker ratio, more so than the valvetrain being more "stable" IMO, although having your valvetran as stable as possible with a high $ jesel rocker stand is never a bad idea.
If the cam is as aggressive as I suspect it is, this would probably not be a great weekend "bracket motor" from a valvetrain reliability standpoint but makes for great #'s on dyno. (think Enginemasters type build)
Dyno headers.... take a look @ them, straight out for about 8-10"... down & back. There is certainly power there that you won't see in the car... but help add up on the dyno.
& I'll guess he has other things going on in the valvetrain like a large diameter, thick wall pushrod etc which also will add to the power #'s.

It's just all those little "tricks" that add up to making something above & beyond the "norm" You certainly don't see too many big inch EZ head motors with that level of attention to detail & good parts used around them. So to say this motor is way off base, is well... off base IMO

The only thing I think I saw Andy post in this entire post that was out of line was the statement about a professional engine builder could find another 100 HP out of it. Now that would be a serious stretch.... EZ heads do have a limit somewhere, although.... the big offset rocker version is essentially a 440-1 with a smaller/lower EX port & EX port on these BB Mopars is overrated as far as how big you "need" IMO most are too big, both valve size & port size, for what they are being ran on.... I don't see 930 HP on a 514 with a set like the ones he has. I don't think he is giving himself enough credit for what he has here. Very stout piece with some really good high end parts on/in it & over 100 dyno pulls worth of data to learn off of. Not too many drag guys short of a S/S or Comp racer will put anywhere near 100 pulls on same combo looking for power.

The dyno might be 15-20 HP high @ most IMO. But I'm sure I could find some that put up bigger #'s, & I'm sure I can find some that would put up lower #'s. Looks like Andy is using it the correct way though as a tuning too & just trying to compare what intake A does VS intake B etc.

Just my