Well I sold the 337 intake to a guy who just had to have it for his motor so I can't try it.

But, I do have a B1 intake with adapters that I'm going to try and I have a Super Victor. So once we fix the dyno we'll get some more testing underway. Looks like we might need to upgrade the dyno to keep testing this motor.

I think that the combination of the dry sump, the belt drive distributor and the camshaft belt drive all work together to make power. I'm not sure if it is windage drag from the oil pan, or harmonics from the valve train, or ignition curve stability. Maybe a combination of all of the above. But I can tell you that when I put these parts on a shortblock that the motor picks up power.

Same thing with the Jesel rocker arms. Those parts just flat out work. Might be the better geometry or reduced friction or more stability during the pulls? I don't have access to a Spintron so I'm not sure exactly what is going on but you can hear the motor pick up power with the better valve train parts. Which I guess isn't really a surprise since the big power guys have been using these parts for years.