Quote:

after reading this whole thread again, i have to admit that i find it hard to quantify the dyno numbers based on the cylinder head flow and HUGE lack of information in other area's.
nowhere have i seen mentioned even what the lobe lift is on the camshaft, nor any of the important data from the dyno.
assuming just for a moment that the dry sump pump takes a few less HP to run than a conventional pump, how much realistic gain can you imagine there really is? whatever it might be, it's not likely double digit numbers. same goes for the belt drive distributor.
the only real significant change from most combos similar to this one would be the jesel rockers and the much higher lift ratio. obviously that could be worth a lot, depending on the cam being used.
the motor certainly looks pretty and the custom made brackets look really nice, so in that regard it's a teriffic advertisement for those parts, as well as a few others.
the skeptical side of me believes that any time a magazine contributor is involved in these dyno tests, the numbers always appear to be considerably higher than what would be thought of as "normal" for a particular combination. in this case it's hard to judge simply because of the lack of, and apparently the decision not to reveal any real meaningful data. it's just my opinion, but i find that to be a real shame, as well as very suspect.
now, even though it's not what some would consider politically correct, i'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the hp numbers are inflated by around 90-100 horses. ironically it wasn't that many months ago when i said the same thing about a couple of other combo's from a member here. even more ironic is that when those engines got tested on a properly calibrated superflow dyno (instead of the typically happy Stuska's) they were down near 100 HP, almost exactly as i had predicted. (no, i'm not patting myself on the back either). some here will remember the apology that person posted to me, albeit totally unnecessary.
in the end, it doesn't matter what i, or anyone else thinks. HP claims sells motors, but the track MPH will be the final test. i look forward to seeing those results. hopefully Andy has stumbled on (and worked hard to find) a perfect combination that simply blows away anything like it in dramatic fashion. unfortunately my gut tells me no, but i hope i'm proven wrong.
the opinions expressed here are mine, should anyone disagree, i'll certainly understand, so go ahead and flame away if you feel you must.

Not trying to hijack Andys thread, the new Studka dyno operator had not calibrated that dyno when I ran my 527 motor on it, once that dyno had been calibrated my 527 motor made within 5 HP the second time on it with the same setup as I ran on the DTS dyno 200 miles away and 1800 ft. higher elevation in Klamath Falls, OR. Klamath is right at 4300 ft. at the dyno shop and the Studka is right at 2500 Ft. in Madras, ORegon The three times I have treid to use a Super Flow engine dyno we ended up breaking it

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)