Quote:

Again, I think Andy eluded to the Dry-sump and jesel valvetrain moving the HP up considerably, I've noticed my valvetrain is a lot more stable at 6500+ using the 1 piece Billet Block rocker stands instead of the cast-in pedestals, I think that could be 15-20hp right there alone, let alone a full-tilt State of the art Jesel system

The Jesel and dry sump picked up power last year quite a bit. The Jones cam was another significant step up last year. This year we upgraded to the bigger bore size, the thicker block, better rings, gas ported pistons, etc. That picked the power up another 40 hp or so over last year's motor.

I have more than 100 dyno pulls on this basic combination so we're starting to get a feel for what works and what doesn't. There are lots of other guys out there who have a lot more development time into their motors and are making a lot more power. I'm pretty sure if I turned this motor over to a professional shop they could find another 100 hp without too much effort. It is $500 a day for dyno testing so I can't afford to test very often. Besides, I have to show up at work on a regular basis as well as do all the chores my wife sends my way.