The Wilson porting work did the trick. Engine picked up 35 hp with the ported intake so that pushed us up to 915 peak power. That was with Renagade Pro-114 race gas. We switched to VP Q-16 and added some jet and saw a peak of 928 hp before calling it a day.

Probably some more power in it if I was willing to spend another day on the dyno. Timing was locked at 35 degrees all day and I never touched it. The power kept going up with more jet so we probably had some more room there.

And the water temp was fairly warm at 155 so there was more power available if we would run it colder. Had a hard time getting the oil hot. Even with a heater running full time we couldn't get it over 180 degrees. Usually there is more power if you can get the oil up to 200 but we couldn't get there. I would need to insulate the pan and the tank to get the oil that hot.

Engine ran super nice all day. No leaks, 80 psi of oil pressure on every run, and 12 inches of pan vacuum without a vacuum pump. We had problems getting any sort of pan vacuum last time we ran the engine so this time we spent a lot of time replacing seals and making sure the engine was sealed up tight. It pulled 10 inches of vacuum when priming the engine with a 3/8 drill so we knew we had it sealed up.

7782881-514wilson.JPG (185 downloads)
Last edited by AndyF; 07/19/13 10:49 PM.