Originally Posted By Dragula
Well, I have not updated this thread in a very long while, but we did fix the issue....It was not easy or fun, and we didn't want to believe it.

So this winter after many trials and tribulations and head scratching, we solved it like men....We gave up and bought a new block and swapped out the Indy block.

We had done everything else. There was nothing left to try, and we could not locate any issues in the block.

But with a new block under us, and I now have probably 300 street miles on it, and no issues at all, except extreme tire wear.

When we got the new block in the car, mind you, this was after we had the other one in and out more times than I can count, then we had another freaky issue that took me a while to find.

The car would run great for 10 min and then start dropping plugs till they all quit....Long story short, the newish coil died. I couldn't believe it. And it would always fire up and run for a bit and then get worse till it quit. The darnedest thing I ever saw.

Since then, we have been just driving the car to run some fuel threw it, and log some time on the carb....And man, I got to give Thumper a shout out, I think we got this thing dialing in now...We have been back and forth probably 1/wk all summer as I try different things, and went to cruise night tonight with all the latest changes, and man, its track ready and pretty close now. I am fussy, and when I am happy with a carb, its pretty damn good...AFR is reading awesome at almost all positions now.

So I am not racing it this year. I would cry if it let go again...maybe next year as my Duster is also running really well too. We already know the car has run 9.90 in street trim, so I will just make a few cruise nights and call it a season in a few weeks.

Glad you guys finally get to enjoy your bad ass ride to it's fullest potential and glad the carbs giving you EFI accuracy with endless tuning capabilities............Now give em hell......... drive penguin apimp

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....