Originally Posted By Dragula
From the cam delema, we went on with what to do about the block feeding high pressure oil to the accumulator. Needless to say we called a few folks, but were never able to make the accumulator work with the port we were using on the block. We gave up and blocked off the port, and I pulled the accumulator out of the car....Subtract another 20lbs.

Next up, was sealing every nook and cranny on the engine. Spent at least an hour with a tube of RTV making sure all the leak points were sealed.

Next, I am not sure I covered the oil pan delema. I had a Milidon on order, it never showed up. I ended up gutting my pan to clear the stroke. Scrapper and windage tray were cut out. I tweaked it some more this winter and added a scraper that we sandwiched in there instead of the welded one that was in there for a 4.15 stroke. We also found the swinging pickup sticking and fixed that as well.

I guess you found out you can't build pressure from a suction port. I would plumb in the accumulator off another port. Do you have a remote oil filter?

it's ok to butt heads, just don't do it with a butthead