Well...More progress. The block is assembled with all the pistons, rods, rings, and the crank and cam. Getting ready to degree it in this week....

So the first question is, where do we install it? We are thinking putting it in just as the cam card states, but I want to hear some opinions. Also note, I am using Indy rockers and they have a higher ratio than OEM at 1.60 & 1.55 compared to 1.55 & 1.52 if I remember right...

Block progress was good until we got to the lifter bores last week. We had the crank in and one rod and piston when we found all the lifter bores undersized and especially tight at the bottom. Ron re-bored some and then re-honed all of them to size...Indy's catalogue says they are finish bored, but we found otherwise. Can't wait to pay that bill....

Also, I have decided to plumb an accumulator off the right front lower oil port just to the right of the timing cover. I will mount it to the engine plate and hopefully keep everything simple. I have fought oiling issues on my last two builds and do not want to take any chances with this one.

Heads are also assembled now, but the question remains, should we run this cam with springs that the heads came with which are #230 closed pressure when the cam only requires about #150 closed...I am thinking it might be worth switching...What say you guys?

Last edited by Dragula; 03/07/15 08:32 PM.