Originally Posted By Dragula
Originally Posted By JohnRR
Originally Posted By Dragula
[quote=rowin4]

I guess you found out you can't build pressure from a suction port. I would plumb in the accumulator off another port. Do you have a remote oil filter?

I was told, it was a pressure supply port, but we could not get pressure from it, so the assumption its a suction port could be inferred, I guess. I have no other current way to get an AN10 line to attach to the block right now, so the accumulator is on the shelf for now.

Does the Indy block have oil pressure ports on the rear like a stock block, that would be the place to plumb ... unless the ports are supplying oil to the heads ?

Yes it does, but they are small....Nothing I would use for an AN10 line.

There are no ports on the pressure side of the pump that are AN-10, only aftermarket suction side lines are that size. With an Indy block you can run the internal pickup (3/8 or 1/2 " dia), or put on the blockoff plate and input with an external line to the port on front of the block that you tried to use, running an external line from the pan. Some guys use a plate between the pump and the block for the input like I have (Milodon 21001) on my 500, or a plate on the other side of the pump (Milodon 21205) to feed from that side. Or use both and feed the pump from both sides, but that can make the pump stack too big and it can interfere with the K frame.

You want the accumulator to be plumbed to the pressure side of the pump which can also be through one of the oil passages in the block. That line does not need to be AN-10. Heck, look at the threads that the oil filter screws onto - that is the pump outlet and it is smaller. I have always thought it would be good to have a normally closed solenoid valve at the accumulator that is powered by the ignition, so whenever the ign is on the accumulator is connected to the oil passages. When you go to fire up the motor the pressure in the accumulator is released and pre-oils the motor, and if you get starvation at the pickup the accumulator supplies pressure. When you shut down the motor the pressure gets trapped in the accumulator for next time.

One way to tap into the pressure side of the pump may be to go through the pump cover, or use a remote filter cover (Milodon 21225) and tee into the filter lines.

Last edited by Airwoofer; 11/22/16 12:48 PM.