Quote:

Quote:

Speak ENGLISH! What does the code "Pontiac T/A" stand for? Were they building T/A Challengers in a secret plant in Pontiac Michigan or something?

That would be the ORIGINAL holder for the name T/A brother Scott! It stood for "TRANS AM". Pontiac had to pay the SCCA $5 for every "Trans Am" that was was sold to the public for using that name. (At that time, "Trans Am" was owned/trademarked by the SCCA racing series organization.) Pontiac did not think that it would amount to being a very big deal. Heck....they only sold 689 Hardtops and 8 Convertibles the very first year! By 1979 the amount paid from Pontiac to the SCCA organization was quite LARGE and numerous to say the least!
I thought you might want to know that little snippet of information Sir Scott!

Great info That means that the 3 diamonds in the rough that I have are worth at least $15! Counting the 69 Trans Am I had as a kid....Pontiac spent $20 on me over the years. I traded my 69 away when I was 19 years old. That thing ran like a gut shot cat! I was dating a girl that had horses and did the barrel racing thing.....and I just HAD to have a pickup to pull a horse trailer Some things ya just gotta learn the hard way! Good luck and have fun with it.