OEM judged cars are typically judged based on the scrutiney of several like model SURVIVOR cars, factory Data, Color & Upholstery Books, original factory liturature, technical bulletins, etc. But you knew that.

A judging manual should be developed with these things as the basis and adhered to until there is additional proof that determines that something in the manual needs correcting. Until that time ALL cars should be judged based on that information in fairness to all. Is this so hard to understand? There should be no laditude that allows a single judge to make a scoring decision outside of the printed manual. In rare exceptions it should be decision based on several judges at the same event and only then with some kind of back up not just a personal OPINION.

Your Valiant is not the typical car that people restore and show, nor are there likely to be many SURVIVORS to compare it to. While I am sure that some will appreciate your undertaking of the car and the job you are doing, I think the vast majority of people will walk right by it at a show or judging event because they have no interest in a car like that. So, for the MAJORITY of the hobby who cares?

I hope this is not taken the wrong way, but from reading your posts I have to think that your are somewhat of an eccentric and go WAY overboard on things. This is good in some cases but way over the top on other things regarding what others think or care about.

I have never been to the Nationals and my comments about the judging of cars by judges that restored that car for others is based on things others have told me of, and it was not just one person but many that were remarking about it. This was all in the time frame of when I first inquired about being able to buy a judging manual for the Nationals OEM format in 2000-01. Maybe it has changed and if you remember I asked that in this thread.