Quote:

Honestly they are harder.

I don't think that is completely true. The judging may be more subjective but not the actual work on a vehicle. I have done 3 "modified" cars and 3 OE cars. The Modified vehicles were not as difficult because there were no "rights" or "wrongs" to comply with. The only concern was the "craftsmanship" of how things were done. The paint, assembly hardware, metal finishes, chrome, etc.... was completely determined by MY taste and desire. The OE cars offered ZERO latitude concerning the style or variation of how they were restored. The craftsmanship was STILL there but had to match an EXACT predetermined appearance of someone else's craftsman ship that was performed 40 years ago. I can't wait to start the 1969 T/A project because I can deviate from all the drips and runs and other "flaws" that were done at the factory. In some aspects it will feel like I am on vacation not having to stick with every little nuance that was performed by the assembly plant. The paint will be nice and slick! It will have beautiful triple plated chrome! Perfect fit and finish! Ah....just the thought of those tasteful "modifications" brings a sense of calm and serene joy to my soul!