Quote:

Bluestar, I agree with you, cars that have correct parts (NOS production line correct parts, properly restored original, etc.) should recieve higher scores than those that have the same parts replaced with a reproduction or incorrectly restored original parts.

The ICCA OE Gold judging body is developing a system ....
In the above scenario a hobbiest could still build a car to an "OE Gold" level, but do so affordably using less expensive/available parts.
Both people have bragging rights to an OE Gold car and a person considering which car to use as a reference restoration model would then have a clear understanding of which car really was more accurate to what rolled off the assembly line when doing his own car. Personally I see it as a win/win for all involved.

Brother Scott,
You might want to re-evaluate that line of judging. It falls right in step with the Ford program that I mentioned earlier in this post. Think of the name of your class....."OE." If it is an OE class there should be NO concessions for reproduction parts. The program has simply been watered down to allow those OE "bragging" rights that you mentioned. It is like having a contest for the most beautiful Virgin but saying that one Virgin has had sex a couple times so she/he can only be rated to a "black" or "red" level. The initial concept is a contradiction in terms to the program's intent! You may not agree but "OE" means ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT just like "Virgin" means PURE. You can't have all these cars getting OE Gold but with explanations and/or excuses. A vehicle is either worthy of an OE Gold classification or it needs to digress and be ranked in a lower class due to it's OWN shortcomings.

Dave