Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bill,
Regarding #2 when did this change? As stated earlier, in 2000-01 I asked for this information and was told it was not available.

At that time frame , it's wasn't avail.

Taken directly from Dave's ICCA site

Quote:

It is important to understand that this World Class Reference Manual is not the final word in Restoration or Judging. It is just the beginning of the assembly of objective information. This information will be used to assist in the restoration and impartially evaluate the historical correctness, workmanship, authenticity, and condition of a Mopar!

I have enjoyed reading everyone's view points on vehicle judging. Thank you for you comments and feedback.

We are always looking for the best and the brightest to assist our program in the documentation of the variations that are found with vehicles and how to judge them properly. The ICCA has developed a program that is dynamic and we are always trying to improve in process and information. I personally spend at least 40 hours per doing research on vehicles and developing documentation of as much as possible in a clear and concise format to share with everyone.

I'm personally committed to develop an objective judging system for the Mopar hobby to use. It is true that I have 50% of the individuals involved with the ICCA that restore cars. However, I consider them the best at their craft with a great deal of experience and knowledge on how Chrysler Vehicle left the factory. I’m leading the ICCA effort and I DO NOT RESTORE CARS FOR A LIVING. I research them.

Over 10 years ago I started out with a vision to create a uniform judging manual because the hobby needed one. I have judged cars for over 20 years and at every event people would ask questions that most experienced people in the hobby know but there are many other that do not. I cannot tell you how many times that I have pointed out something that is incorrect and they stated “If I would have only known I would have done it properly”.

The first E body reference manual that we developed over 6 years ago was 200 pages today that same manual is 1000 pages. The first fastener reference manual that we came out with 7 years ago was 50 pages today that same manual is 250 pages.

There has been over 50 people from all over the world that have contributed information that has been inserted into the applicable manual. This information has helped me document specific details on cars that I have never known with their assistance. The most recent information has come from Roger Wilson. He has provided the ICCA, and ultimately the hobby with information on GTX’s that were few known. That knowledge is captured in a manual for all to use. One of the primary contributors and an ICCA team is Byron Fettig. Byron has taken apart more Chrysler cars then anyone in the world. Him and I compare information found almost daily. Needless to say his applicable discoveries go directly into the applicable ICCA manual.

Please keep the positive feedback coming and I will do my best moving forward to craft out the best material and develop the most objective judging program available.

Stop by and visit with us at the Mopar’s in the Park in June and we can show you where the program is heading. We have an exciting ICCA event planned for that show and an event in Sept on the east that you will see information shortly on a news stand near you. Please keep in mind that we have a number of judging options available from basic advice to true O.E. (with out the RED points) as discussed earlier in the thread.

Thanks for you time.

Dave Wise 248.393.3970

It is true that I have 50% of the individuals involved with the ICCA that restore cars.

Regarding the above bolded area of your post:

This is typical throughout all other makes OEM judging as well however they don't allow these judges to judge cars they have restored for themselves or ones they have restored for others. Hopefully your venue is the same?