Quote:

Dave I certainly was referring to any one of your cars...

The point I was trying to make was...if the bolt is proven correct for "one" car VS the norm of several cars...what happens if I choose the copy that "one" car ?
Again I refer to ME as coping because in 26 years of Mopars I've NEVER dismantled a 100% origianal car, they've all been nothing more then a bucket of bolts.

In many cases....What was proven to be correct on "one" car has been copied and copied and copied on to several other cars ...leading us to a "norm" which has been generally accepted by the judging public for years ... when it may not have been 100% correct in the first place

Alan,
There are a few cars I too have gotten in boxes, in a million pieces, and wondered what the heck I was going to do in that situation. What I learned from this, was, about 10 years ago I started taking pictures of every original car I could find-whether they were in a junkyard or at a show or in someones garage! Then with those pictures, I documented the assembly plant, and date, they were built. I now have probably 10,000 pictures of documentation, at a huge expense. This gives you a very good indication of what COULD have been done for your car. Unfortunately, unless you take that particular original car apart to restore, you will never know for sure.