Quote:

"In original class judging"

Hi Mark,
I think the category or class quoted above answers the basic question. In the Ford World their class for originality (similar to OE) is the THOROUGHBRED CLASS. The problem there was some of the judges were allowing certain items to slip through because they were considered too difficult to find. Things like the original Battery, Tires, Exhaust, etc.... the perishables! So what did they do? They "watered down" the criteria by allowing those items to compete on an equal level with cars that DID NOT incorporate those particular original pieces. About 9 years ago I was shocked to see an all original Boss 302 get the same Gold classification as another participant who had a reproduction battery, tires and exhaust system. There was so many disgruntle people complaining that they decided to come up with a new class called the PLATINUM THOROUGHBRED. The "Thoroughbred Class" originally stated that not ONE part could be a reproduction and be allowed to participate in that venue. They basically did what I stated in the other thread and changed their definitions to accommodate their agenda! There are some participants who can now "brag" that they have a "THOROUGHBRED" car even though in reality, they do not!! I've said it before and I'll say it again....HISTORY does not change, only our awareness and perception of it. I guess you can apply that to certain definitions. If they don't include or make you feel good, someone will simply move the fences!!