After reading this thread I have the need to respond to some of the things that have been brought up. These are in no order. If the car is being judged in showfield original class the judges do take into account original ,NOS and repo .THESE FACTORS ARE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.At this level of judging a contestant is usually competing against others that are already use to taking the big trophy home in their area. So goes the name "the nationals". you are competing against the best from all over. At this level the cars are judged from what the judges can easily see from on ground level. Most people don't realize that if you win first in an original class the next year you must move up to senior division. You are then competing against other vehicles that won first in their original class . At this time you move into competing against a set of standards where much more attention is paid to original, NOS or repo. This is where things get really selective on your parts and the execution of your restoration. Most competitors liken it to OE judging but the car is not lifted up and a full undercarriage judging is not performed.This was designed on purpose so contestants can start out in the showfield, then move to senior and then if desired move into the OE arena. this was designed to spread out the cost of a restoration and the contestant can stop where he wishes or can continue on to compete at the higher level.As some have mentioned a manual set forth to restore your car by. A guide like this would be beneficial but Mopars as we all hopefully will agree are absolutely unique in many factors. They were built at multiple plants and were built on at least two or maybe three shifts. Each plant could have had numerous vendors supplying parts that definitely have minute differences . These examples also have to take into consideration A-bodies, B-bodies, C-bodies, E-bodies etc. Repeatedly over time people throw up the corvettes. They were built at one plant ,one shift and sometimes over time had a more selective smaller group of vendors and Mr. Jones put in all the dashes for 15 years. That is why the Mopars are so unique. A lot more people which in turn ran the chances of your Mopar being special compared to the other ones built the day before. for example, my new 69 Barracuda convertible had a loose dash assembly and a whole lot of the dashbulbs were never installed when brand new.Manuals are an assistance to restoring a car but then you have people who say it's in the manual that's how it has to be done even though your car has something off a little bit from what the manual says , people have a tendency to take the easy way and do it like the manual and then the cars become "cookie cutter clones" and their justification is it was in the manual.Examples like this could go on forever.A good friend of mine has a saying "the title is in my name and I will do the car to please me". So everybody do your car for you that's what makes the hobby go.