Quote:

Do the Mopar Nationals OE judging use the ICCA judging format or are they still judged without an available to all judging manual?

From an earlier post:

There are manuals, fliers, books, reference guides, etc.... that show how things were done at the factory. These instructional guides convey how a paint job was applied, how an "Assembly" was pieced together or which correct parts were required. No manual or reference material is going to tell ANYONE where drips should or shouldn't be, what scratches should be found on certain assembly parts, etc...etc.... If you are looking for specifics regarding the "signature" characteristics of an assembly line employee you will never find it unless "A PARTICULAR VEHICLE" is used as your reference. ....I don't know how I can be any clearer.

I personally do not know why there would ever be the need for an OE judging manual when the format or extent of involvement is basically up to the participant. On a personal level, having a "manual" or instructional guide would have hindered most of the findings that my personal research uncovered! I would not have wanted to follow the restrictions of a predetermined set of ideas or concepts! That is not what restoring an OE vehicle is all about. It isn't a true/false exam where you can get an accumulation of (abbreviated) data for a quick reference. The subject matter is too broad and takes much more than a little information here or there to allow full understanding of the concepts! If you are looking for a "quick reference" as a shortcut to get into the OE arena, you are probably interested in the wrong venue. You might be better suited for the programs that spell out what they would like for your car to represent, in spite of all the various individual characteristics. Once again, there ARE manuals that tell you how to build these cars. However, YOU WILL NEVER FIND ABSOLUTE MATERIAL THAT PROVIDES A BLANKET CONCEPT REFERENCING ALL THE NUANCES AND INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERISTICS THAT A CAR WAS BORN WITH! If you drop a glass jar of Jelly on the concrete, a "manual" can tell you that it will break and cause a mess. It can't provide absolute specifics as to where every drop of jelly is going to end up splattering! If there was a "Manual" for OE judging it would be very short and to the point:

Perform personal research, provide personal documentation and invest whatever personal time is necessary to learn the intricate processes involved. OE does not consist of "cookie cutter" instructions like you get when you purchase a plastic model car. If you don't like to do the research or WORK for an end result, find a different area of interest. It is what it is!