Quote:

In Hawaii just having a super busy weekend,,,going 30 over on the bore,,,new pistons,,rings,,cam,,oil pump,,,the usual bottom end rebuild,,,,freshened up heads,,,valve job,,,and I had em put it all back together,,,I just have to put water pump and intake on,,,,so now i gotta get out there and clean up water pump today,,,,lucky for me its pourin rain and saved me from yard work today

So what did you end up choosing on cams? A few tips on the new engine that you may or maynot know to do, be sure you prime the engines oil system before ever firing it up. Get all those oil galley full of oil. Dry start is one of the most common new engine failures. Also don't add any of those oil additives they can keep your new rings from seating. I know you have your engine bay all ready so you won't be doing this but don't leave a freshly built engine setting for too long before starting. A month or so won't hurt but if its going to be longer be sure you turn the engine over periodicly by hand to keep everything free. Also another startup problem is having the coolant system not completly bleed of air before firing. If there is trapped air in the radiator system the engine temp will got out the roof real quick. That happen to me when I first fired my engine up. And one last thing and I'll quit preaching be sure to follow breakin procedures on your camshaft after the engine is fired up. Most hyd. cams need to be "run in" when first fired up. You do this by getting the engine running first, make sure you have no major leaks and then run the engine at 1500/2000 rpm for about 15/20 minutes. This hardens the cam & lifters to one another. Your machine shop will probably tell you all this but just in case. Good Luck with the new engine

77 Dodge Adventurer SE 440 2wd SWB
78 Dodge Adventurer SE 440 2wd Utiline
90 Dodge D150 SWB 2wd 318fi 4speed
60 Desoto Adventurer 2dr
67 Dodge Dart Gt Conv. 273 4bbl
04 PT Cruiser GT Turbo
14 Ram R/T
"Life's to short to drink cheap beer."