That is the number for 1976 units only as I stated before. There is no information on how many other utiline trucks were made with the VIN"D" code 440, unless Machoman knows more. I have no idea how many are still out there, but I would have to immaginge that there are not too many left out there. There were no 131wb utilines in 1976 with VIN"D" 440 engines. Also, there is no information on other trucks other than the 1978 D14BD8S trucks, and the Lil Reds.

Quote:

Lil Reds were predestinated from the factory to be Lil Reds. But were Warlocks, Midnight Expresses, and True Spirits destined from the factory that way? I thought it was more of an individual dealer sales gimmick for declining sales and leftover inventory. It was just an appearance package. When they found it was working, they increased the efforts of the “Adult Toy” campaign. Does anyone have any original 1976 literature that mentions Warlock? I have only seen the brochures in later years.
In the late ’80’s - early 90’s Mopar did a similar thing with the “Mopar Express” kit for the Dakotas. I know a dealer who ordered one to put on a leftover Dakota they couldn’t sell.

dynotune 440, is that the number for 1976? Any idea of how many left? I guess that would make it pretty rare.
Where do you get the other statistics of how many utilines with each engine size were built in 1976, 1977, 1978? Just curious. For example, Black Warlock’s pickup is one out of how many that start with D13BF7S?

Dinuba, California, Home of the PALOMINO ranch and 440 truck farm, where dodge trucks have a home. Have Four 1979 dodge PALOMINO trucks now.