Quote:

if 74 is the number, I have owned 2 of them, and still have 1 of them left, 1978's D14bd8s trucks that is. if it doesn't meet your reserve, I would be currious to talk to you more about it.

Quote:

I am sorry if I offended anyone with my opinion on the 77-78 grille. I appologize, but I still don't like them.

As for the letter, I am attaching a copy of it. I'm not a computer geek so if it does come out, you will notice I covered over some personal identifiers with electrical tape.

As for the total produced, when I first wrote to Chrysler I was expecting to hear that about 200 or so were built. This was based on my own observations, opinion and sincere belief that I was some sort of a wiz on Mopars of that era. I was surprised at their response, but as for now, this is the best information I have available and it is from the cats who built the truck.

If you will notice in my ads for the truck, here and on ebay, I state that I have a letter from Chrysler that states 74 were produced. This is true; however, it also serves as a disclaimer to a certain extent. It would be totally different if I were to definatively state there were only "X" number produced.

I hope the letter attachment works. It is similar format to other such letters I have seen from Chrysler at car shows and such.

In my request to Chrysler for the production figure, I also asked for the last date of production for a 440 D-150. This was because my truck has a mid May 1978 build date and yes I was hoping to find out mine was the last one!

Ok I'm confussed now,
There an issue Of Chrysler Power back in the earlys 90's that said there were 74 Midnight express trucks made in 78.
When I contacted the Chrysler Historical back in 00 they said that due to poor Record keeping the prouduction #s on trucks pre -80 are extremly Vague they know how many total units for each year but to break it down , short bed vs long bed , stepside vs Fleet side , engine option its anyones guess
after 80 when they went to the 13 digit vin records are little clearer,
This is just what I've come across, ( keep in mind I'm a Converted ford guy 5 years clean & ford free)
Oh yea leave the Bumperets off the warlock

Last edited by Ramchargerkid77; 08/08/05 07:41 AM.