ok , I need some serious help. This might take a while....so me and my da are supposed to tow an old dodge to the junkyard for his friend who just got it to steal the motor (an original 440), so we load it up on the ramp truck, and on the way to the jy I watch it in the rear view mirror all the way. When we are gettin close to the yard, I say to my dad "hey, this truck is pretty cool, why dont we just keep it" Now my da being a dodge fan his whole life says yes. H has 2 68 coronets, and a 70 challenger R/T. He restores cars for a living, and has never owned a dodge truck. This one, has a stepside bed, 727 trans, dana 60s front and rear, 33's with the white spokers, roll bar, no floors, half a steering wheel, wiring harness hanging out the window, no rear window, huge hole in the roof for a sunroof. covered in rust, the works....ITS PERFECT!! Now, the truck is supposed to be a 78, according to the VIN on the title. However, the truck has the square headlights and the body lines of an 85, with a stepside bed w/ a steel bottom. Im not even sure what the hell model this truck is, and ive now fully restored it. It had yellow color behind the dash and on the firewall, so im guessing it was yellow from the factory. The VIN is W14BD8S252608. It is definitely a BB from the factory, but thats about all I know. Now the 14 in the number says its a 1/2 ton correct? Well it has Dana 60s, so somebody swaped those in i think. Its also supposed to be a sweptline bed. So I figure all this out after I restore the whole truck, and the reason I found it all out is because of this site. Now I need all your help trying to figure out what model truck this really is. The doors and complete front nose have been swaped to the newer style, and it has a bed from a 81-85. The VIN says its a 78, but it has all 80s parts except the cab. I can tell the older cab by how it is rounder on the backside of the roof. The newer ones were more sharp of an angle. The rollbar I think is an original that came in the stepside bed. I only know of 2 people who have owned the truck, and I called the earliest owner and he told me when he had it it had the regular sweptline bed on it, and he use it as a carpentry truck. So somebody in the middle of him, and the guy who took the motor changed the whole bed and some other stuff(like the axles). IS THERE ANY WAYS TO FIGURE OUT EXACTLY WHAT MODEL THIS TRUCK IS. were only special trucks yellow, or maybe it was a lifeguard truck or something. And what stepside came with rollbars from 81-85 if any. I can use all the help I can get on this one. If you need any more info just ask. Ill keep looking back here each day. My screen name on AIM or AOL is EJohns2004, so I can have a real convorsation with you about my truck if you want to.
THANKS!!