I am sorry if I offended anyone with my opinion on the 77-78 grille. I appologize, but I still don't like them.

As for the letter, I am attaching a copy of it. I'm not a computer geek so if it does come out, you will notice I covered over some personal identifiers with electrical tape.

As for the total produced, when I first wrote to Chrysler I was expecting to hear that about 200 or so were built. This was based on my own observations, opinion and sincere belief that I was some sort of a wiz on Mopars of that era. I was surprised at their response, but as for now, this is the best information I have available and it is from the cats who built the truck.

If you will notice in my ads for the truck, here and on ebay, I state that I have a letter from Chrysler that states 74 were produced. This is true; however, it also serves as a disclaimer to a certain extent. It would be totally different if I were to definatively state there were only "X" number produced.

I hope the letter attachment works. It is similar format to other such letters I have seen from Chrysler at car shows and such.

In my request to Chrysler for the production figure, I also asked for the last date of production for a 440 D-150. This was because my truck has a mid May 1978 build date and yes I was hoping to find out mine was the last one!

1895411-D-150Letter3.pdf (176 downloads)
Last edited by D14BD8S; 08/05/05 09:53 PM.