I have to disagree with you a on this one. Yes, people were pretty pumped when we beat Charlie, yeah everybody likes Jim because he is awesome....but have you ever met Charlie before? Ever had a conversation with him somewhere besides the racetrack? Or only read what he types on here occasionally. He is a main reason why this class has become such a success lately. His performance and consistency has made everyone else jump up a level, and has made for better racing across the board. Will he ever get supplanted from the top? Possibly. Will he fight like hell to get it back? Absolutely. That's what he does. No one works harder than he does at it. If you think he is cocky or whatever, how would youlike it if you succeeded very well at your job (whatver it may be), and everyone claimed it was because you manipulated something, or backdoored your way there? Wouldn't you feel a little slighted, too? Plus, the last time I checked, this racing isn't a popularity contest, it's who gets to the finish line fastest. No one ever praised WJ for being America's sweetheart, but I'm pretty sure he's on NHRA's top 10 list of best drivers of all time......

I'm just calling it like I see it...