Quote:

Quote:

Just as a testament to how good the ATI Converters are I thought I'd share a little story. In November of '03, we took the SS/BA Belvedere to Las Vegas with a different brand converter in the car. It ran a 9.27 @ 140 in REALLY good air for Vegas. Cold, no wind, dry, you get the idea. The following March we took the car back to Vegas with no other changes made than the ATI converter. The weather was in the 90's all weekend long with a slight headwind. The car went 9.33 @ 141. A difference of only .06 when the other cars that had run both races had slowed .15 to .20. The following November, the car went 9.15 @ 142 in conditions that were very similar to the prior year. Again, no other changes were made but the converter. We had thought the old converter was doing a pretty good job until we stuck the ATI in there! Almost a solid .15 quicker than the old one.

Can you comment on what weight that was at? What size convertor?

The reason I am asking is my legacy 7.50 cert is expiring this year and do not want to go 25.2 with this car. Planning on slowing it down and enjoying it more.

Thanks Mike

Mike,

The legal minimum weight for the car is 3420 lbs. We usually run it pretty close to that. No more than about 30-40 lbs. over. The converter is 8". If you have any other questions don't be afraid to ask.

Jared