Quote:

Enjoy your ride at the top. Nothing lasts forever.
AH cars are still hobby cars.Most of the racers in your class are running for their own enjoyment.
I'm sure many of the racers you are running against would like to put more time into their race program to be more competitive but they have other obligations. Like jobs and families.
Racing is not their top priority.
If you are getting tired of being on top I suggest like someone suggested earlier you try running Pro Stock.
I'm sure it would be a humbling experience.

I think when these guys spend 100's of thousands on their sport, it is slightly more than a hobby. Ogburn has spent a million on it at least. It is my job, and I enjoy it very much. I think allen johnson used to run SS, so its not like it cant be done. I wonder if the capps vs waltrip race will make it on TV? It should give the waltrip fans something to be happy about for a change.
cw

I think it is more of an addiction. But my point is that since your competition isn't racing to put food on the table winning isn't their top priority in life.They are content with just running the class and hoping you have a bad day.
Do you build motors now? I was at a local cruise night and ended up talking to a fellow who is building a new AH car for next season.
I thought he said he was using your engines or your engine builder or chassis guy? Something like that.
He usually runs Chevy's with Grumpy Jenkins power.
It sounds like he might give you some competition next year.