Quote:

I bought my 1963 plymouth Belvedere new in 64. It is a stage III 426 aluminum car with all aluminum frontend with trunk mounted battery. It came with the new improved 518 stage III heads.I believe the fastest I went with it was 12.27 on a set of drag 500 slicks out back on SS springs.
I still race it to this day, only modifications I made were a set of Cal-tracs and hooker headers bumped up the compression and a roller cam for some more power,Dvorack prepped my heads years ago and we were able to go low 11's. 11.08
I still enjoy the NSS racing and love how these cars are still racing strong after all these years.

How about a picture! I'd love to see that car! They're is a guy that races with us once and a while at Cordova Ill. that has a 64 hemi aluminum Dodge that he bought I heard in 65,it's red and silver and it still has all the old lettering on it from back then and the aluminum is getting ratty here and there but its a real car and he's having fun with it, it's really neat to look at. I can't remember his name at the moment.
Russ