Quote:

It would be hard to say who has the fastest nss car because there are different organizations with some different rules. Nss was started back in the 80's by the midwest nostalgia association. Then nmca adapted their rules and made them a class for them to race. Latter nsca did the same. Most nss rules still follow those same rules. Then 422 comes along with some very fast cars and wanted nmca and nsca to change the rules to fit some thier cars that did not fit. They did not have intakes carbs and had large tires. Since that did not happen they started their own series. Which is fine but everyone else was follwing different rules. If you look at who is fast that follows the nmca rules you find that there are a few that have gone fast. Paul Habar 63 wedge car went something like 8.60's Bill hombrick's 64 hemi car has gone 8.80's I have gone 8.90's and I think popj went 8.90's and I think ssr has now gone 8.90's and there may be a few that I missed. Im sure someone can chime in on that. In regards to that pontiac wagon I dont think that could fall into any nss class not even pro nostalgia which was a heads up class that was cu.in. to weight factored class and the rules where alittle easier. Hope this helps. Jake

with what Jake is saying
But my :
I run with a few NSS groups throughout the year.
I'm not the fastest car and never will be. I do it to relive the "golden age" of drag racing when the factories were involved and the "Win on Sunday- sell on Monday" rule applied.
It's all about the period correct looking aspect of the cars. That is what brings 54 cars for 1st round at Beaver Springs to the forefront and fills the stands. Most folks are of the 60's generation running these cars but a few "young guns" are keeping the era alive. So when the cars are on track the fans don't care what the rules are- they just enjoy watching dinosaurs fly.

6948361-resizedLVD.jpg (75 downloads)